Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Early Morning Reflection



Up early....too tired of being tired/to sleep/ Long walk on the streets of Morocco can't cure/restless confession/Unknown street signs and long stares/invite/reflections/of life that has taken another twist/another turn/I recite poetry into the air/to hear how it sounds/ new words I've never said before/ feels like Sonny Rollins/practicing his horn on a bridge/looking for his sound again/looking for his soul again/I'm looking/for the right words to say/again/ancient words/older than language itself/maybe I've been saying them all along/to myself/not loud enough for me to hear/Maybe I'll tell them to my son/ like my father told me/ and I didn't understand a word of it/ until now/I'll tell it to my son/ and he won't understand a word of it/until/ just like I didn't understand a word of it/until/now.

/steve/sapp/2008/universes

1 comment:

Sandra Esteves said...

Universes Familia,
I love the photos and wish I was there wichall. You make us proud with all the blessings you create. Did you know that Victor Hernandez Cruz has a wife in Morocco? I couldn't find his email to send it. Oh well. The children look like the kids from The Point. We're all connected. Thank you for the blog. It lifted my spirits.
Big Budda Blessings.
Madrina